I used to know love
I used to know the joy it gave
I used to know the feelings it made
Love used to be my best friend
Rode with me through thick and thin
Love used to keep me with a grin
That was then
This is now
Now I don't know how to smile
Cause I don't know love any more
Since love has walked out my door
Yeah it took my heart with it
How I miss it,
How I wish it would come back
Run back into my arms
That's so my rough waters would calm
But I gotta Face it love is gone
My search will go on
Until I find love again
Wanting to feel love is not a sin
So I know I'm doing the right thing
Sometimes I know I'm fighting the feeling
But late night I lay in the bed
Staring at my ceiling
Wishing I had love sleeping right next to me
I feel so blessed to be
Knowing how real love felt, tasted, touched and smelt
But I can't help to want it again
I used know love....damn
By Devaughn Burke
copyright 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment